In March 2014 I turned 30 years old. I was dreading my birthday and when the day finally arrived, I barely allowed my friends and family to acknowledge the day.
I cried a little and then decided I would accomplish 30 things while I'm 30 – might as well try to be positive about it, right? You can see the original post HERE.
Here is the list with the completed dates or you can check out this post if you want to see photos!
Use my passport! (Italy!!! September 24 - October 3, 2014)
2. Get serious about my fitness. – Lose 15 pounds.
3. Run/jog a 5K just for “fun”.
4. Take a ballet class.
Stay in bed for
one whole day! (5/26/14 - Memorial Day Weekend - Had a wonderful and lazy Monday off work!)
6. Take a cooking class – specifically to learn how to use knives.
Have a picnic
and a nap in a park on a sunny day. (3/14/15 - Nap time at the Getty with the D'Angelo family)
8. Go to the drive-in movie for the first time.
9. Learn to bake a pie… from scratch!
10. Buy some fun colored pants.
11. Start a Bible study... and finish it.
Kayaking in Long
Beach. (7/12/14 Houston and I had a blast - no waterproof camera = no photo proof, dang it.)
Visit the San
Diego Zoo. (11/8/14 - We had a ton of fun with the Wilsons!)
14. Visit the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles.
Disneyland… because I love that place. (12/19/14 - A magical day)
16. Whale Watching!
17. Have fun at the Santa Monica pier.
Get a hammock
for Houston’s back yard. Take a nap in said hammock. Partial credit for hammock-laying in Florida (3/18/15)!
19. Take a photo class with Houston.
Thank a U.S.
Veteran for their service every time I see a hat/jacket/etc. On-going.
massages! On-going (yeah!)
22. Take a train ride somewhere other than the Metrolink to work.
23. Finally learn to use my sewing machine.
30-day Instagram challenge. (Completed Jenny's #letteritfebruary challenge)
25. Go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market.
26. Build a snow man.
27. Use my Rosetta Stone to keep up with French.
28. Watch the entire FRIENDS series.
29. Write another 100 blog posts in a year. -- almost! I missed it by 18.
30. Make a new habit by doing something for 30 days straight.