I have always loved gifting cookies during the holidays. Neighbors, co-workers, the fire department, everyone gets cookies from me and each year I try to come up with a new way to package the cookies and create a beautiful and delicious gift.
This year I grabbed one of my favorite supplies to make my cookie present: a plastic craft paint can. It is the perfect way to package my cookies and decorate with festive holiday accessories. I planned my DIY Christmas bucket to include some cookies and a fun Christmas gift with festive ribbons and bows.
I made some sugar cookies and then dressed them up with some red melting chocolate and some Christmas sprinkles. I dipped some in the chocolate and then drizzled the chocolate on some others.
While I am baking I love to have an American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand candle on the kitchen counter; with all the baked goods fragrances, they instantly get me in the holiday spirit and in the mood to bake a couple dozen cookies. *Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, keep it out of drafts and NEVER leave it unattended while lit. The American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand candles are long lasting with aromatic impact and my kitchen smells like cupcakes and cookies long after the real ones have been packaged and delivered to friends. I also thought they would make a great addition to my Christmas cookie package, so I picked up some extra ones while I was at Walmart.
I downloaded a fun design from the Silhouette Design store and used some vinyl to decorate the front of the bucket with a “Baked with Love” graphic.
Plastic Paint Bucket
Craft cutter (I used a Silhouette Portrait)
“Baked with Love” graphic
Adhesive Vinyl and Transfer Paper
Ribbon and Bows
Your favorite American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand candle
1. Download your design and arrange the way you would like it to look (I made “with” larger for my bucket).
2. Create your vinyl cut out (don’t cut through both layers like I did – oops!)
3. Use your transfer paper to attach the design to the front of the plastic bucket.
4. Fill the bucket with decorative paper, Christmas cookies, and an American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand candle.
5. Tie ribbon to the handle of the bucket for extra Christmas cheer.
Who would you like to create a DIY Christmas Bucket for this year? Tell me what American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand candle fragrance you would include in your gift in the comments.
* Always follow user instructions to a tee for American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand products.