Monday, November 14, 2016

Fall Leaf Craft For Kids

This fall leaf craft for kids is perfect for children of all ages and gives the opportunity to work on dexterity, counting, and pattern skills.
I love to come up with seasonal craft projects that also serve as learning opportunities for elementary-aged children and I could hardly wait to make this fall leaf craft for kids.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed about growing up and being a teacher. I absolutely loved school (before math got really challenging) and thought that being a teacher had to be the most amazing job in the world. In fact, I originally listed Liberal Arts as my major when I finally started college.

Well, some real-world experience teaching kiddos quickly told me I wasn’t cut out for the 5 days a week gig teaching subjects I didn’t like. Now, if every day could be craft day, I would have been set.

M&M’s always has festive candies for the holidays and I couldn’t resist grabbing a bag of the fall colored ones to fill my entryway candy corn dish – in classic milk chocolate, of course.

I created a simple outline of a leaf on my computer and printed it on some orange craft paper.

This fall leaf craft for kids is perfect for children of all ages and gives the opportunity to work on dexterity, counting, and pattern skills.

The candy can be glued down to make a permanent fall project, or just placed on the paper over and over again. Children (and craft-loving adults) can work on dexterity skills; putting the M&M’s close to each other and on the lines of the leaf.

This fall leaf craft for kids is perfect for children of all ages and gives the opportunity to work on dexterity, counting, and pattern skills.

This is also a great activity for teaching and recognizing patterns for older children; my leaf followed a brown, yellow, and red pattern all the way around.

This fall leaf craft for kids is perfect for children of all ages and gives the opportunity to work on dexterity, counting, and pattern skills.

This fall leaf craft for kids is perfect for children of all ages and gives the opportunity to work on dexterity, counting, and pattern skills.
I would love to hear how you would use this project this fall in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment