Monday, August 1, 2016

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait with Toll House Brownie and more mix is the perfect sweet summer dessert. #mixinmoments #ad

It has been hot in Southern California; like, woah dang, hold onto your wallets, hot! With temperatures in the hundreds for a week straight, we have been pretty miserable trying to keep cool. Well, with the exception of my office during the day, where I still wear a sweater and keep a blanket on my lap; I swear you could freeze meat in my cubicle.

So meals have been light on the spicy or warm temperature and in are the pasta salads and cool desserts. Now, I love ice cream as much as the next lady, but baked goods are really my jam. Give me a choice of cookies or ice cream and I will always choose the cookie. I also love baking as a way to de-stress from the week/day (let’s be real, sometimes a girl needs a cookie on a Tuesday) and I am a diehard Nestle Toll House chocolate chip girl. Don’t even think about trying to fill my chip jar with another brand of chocolate chips; I will notice and you won’t get a cookie.

I have such wonderful memories of baking desserts with my grandma and mom growing up and they always made sure the dessert was placed on a pretty tray, in a fancy tin with doilies, or on a cake stand as the table centerpiece; maybe that’s where I get my presentation obsession with cake stands.

I felt like stress-eating and baking this weekend after finishing my math homework, can anyone tell me when I will use a logarithm in real life, and went to Target to pick up some baking supplies (and enjoy the free air conditioning). I headed down the baking aisle to pick up my beloved Nestle Toll House chocolate chips (semi-sweet minis, in case you’re wondering) and I noticed a new product on the shelf.


Nestle Toll House has new baking mixes with my favorite chocolate chips baked right into them.
I grabbed a box of the cookie mix and one of the brownies as well, but they also have a brownie or cookie mix with Butterfinger candy inside (yum!). I grabbed a couple more supplies and I headed home to make my weekend treat an ice cream and brownie parfait!

Here are the different varieties you can purchase:
Brownies & More with Butterfingers
Brownies & More with chocolate morsels
Cookies & More with Butterfingers
Cookies & More with chocolate morsels


Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait with Toll House Brownie and more mix is the perfect sweet summer dessert. #mixinmoments #ad

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait with Toll House Brownie and more mix is the perfect sweet summer dessert. #mixinmoments #ad


Here are the ingredients you need to make one for yourself:

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait

NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Brownie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
Vanilla Ice Cream (softened)
Whipped Cream
Toppings of your choice

Bake your brownies according to the directions on the box
Allow the brownies to cool
Use a circle cookie cutter to cut brownies and place one in each mini trifle bowl
Add a scoop of softened vanilla ice cream to the mini trifle bowl
Add another brownie circle (repeat layers if your dish is bigger than mine)
Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, a cherry, or whatever topping you would like

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait with Toll House Brownie and more mix is the perfect sweet summer dessert. #mixinmoments #ad

Ice Cream and Brownie Parfait with Toll House Brownie and more mix is the perfect sweet summer dessert. #mixinmoments #ad

I am slightly obsessed with how easy these brownies were to make and will be picking up another box of the Toll House baking mix on my next trip to Target; especially since there is an Ibotta cash back offer right now. It is one box of mix and endless possibilities of yummy desserts with no artificial flavors or colors (added colors from natural sources).

I am a simple toppings kind of girl: whipped cream and caramel.  Tell me what your favorite ice cream topping would be on this brownie parfait in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment