I have never considered myself a "real" foodie. I was a horribly picky eater as a child and there are still several foods that I avoid like the plague – don’t even think about coming near me with a banana! I have become slightly more adventurous with food since I met Houston, but I am still not a fan of seafood (nope, not even shrimp or lobster) and I only like a couple different fruits.
Now, sweets and desserts are a whole other story! I am most definitely a sweet tooth foodie!
I really love baking and often do so to de-stress. There is just something therapeutic about measuring and mixing ingredients and knowing that the result will be delicious. I love cookies, cake, brownies, and anything that involves cinnamon and sugar.
So, since I can’t share a cookie with you, I thought it would be fun to roundup some of my favorite kitchen/baking items that I use on the regular!
1. KitchenAid stand mixer – a gift from my sweet husband (long before he was my husband.) I don’t know how I ever made cookies without this thing… or mashed potatoes, for that matter
2. Cake Stands – every house should have at least one. They instantly make a table look more polished and highlight a birthday cake at even the simplest birthday parties. No need to have 20 like me (I’m addicted, but treat yourself to at least one pretty cake stand).
3. Cookie Sheets – In my opinion, the cheaper the baking sheet, the better! My chocolate chip cookies always seem to bake better on the thin, flimsy cookie sheets. You know the ones; three sheets for $9. Heck yes!
4. Latte Bowls – I am obsessed with the Anthropologie Latte Bowls. I am asking for the Sherbet set for my birthday.
5. Cookie Scoop – Friends. This little gadget has changed my cookie game. Each cookie comes out the same size and is perfectly round (as long as you don’t overload the scoop). It looks like a mini ice cream scoop and works the same way. Genuis!
6. Ball Mason Jars – I use Ball mason jars for everything! Crafts, baking, salads, drinking glasses, you name it. If I can fit it in a mason jar, that is my first choice.
Lucky for me, I found a fun Facebook group of other foodie bloggers who enjoy sweet treats just as much as I do. I dare not check the feed while I am hungry, because it is sure to make me have a hard core sweet craving. If you're now realized that you're a foodie and you're a blogger who shares recipes on your blog often, we'd love to have you join our Foodies Go Social Facebook group. Jenna from A Savory Feast and Madison from Wetherills Say I Do started this group to have a place for food and lifestyle bloggers who share recipes to share their posts and authentically promote each other's blogs. We have social sharing threads daily and a question thread each week to help each other grow our blogs and become better food bloggers! To join, request membership here and fill out this Google Form. You must fill out the form in order to have your blog verified and membership accepted!
Everyday Made Fresh | Feast + West | Our Mini Family | Flavours and Frosting
A Savory Feast | Gather for Bread | Winstead Wandering | According to Laura Jean
Dash of Herbs | Stay Gold Autumn | Love Pasta and a Toolbelt | Sustaining the Powers
Cute as a Fox | Boone + Owl | Polka Dotted Blue Jay | Wetherills Say I Do
We are so excited to share this giveaway with our readers! Enter March 7-14th to win a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer! All entries will be verified, so please play fair. Embrace your inner foodie with a beautiful stand mixer.
a Rafflecopter giveaway