Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Cat Is My Muse

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCatMyMuse #CollectiveBias

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad


If you follow me at all on Instagram, you know I have become mildly obsessed with my new fur babies: Mimi and Spooks.

As someone who never had inside pets, there has been some getting used to the cat hair (seriously, I think they pull chunks out just to drive me crazy), the litter boxes and their smells and the two a.m. bursts of energy where I wake up to Spooks running around in circles!

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

Mimi is almost 19 years old and spends her day napping in random spots around the house but I can always count on her to crawl over to my lap when I am working on homework and literally pin my arms down so that I can't type. (I can't even get mad, I don't want to be doing homework anyway.)
She is such a sweet girl and will "talk" to Houston; he meows and she meows back.

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

Spooks is my sweet brown crayon. First, let me explain the name: she looks like a big fluffy raccoon and even waddles like one, a spy mask looks like raccoon eyes, a spies are sometimes called "spooks" - hence the name.  She isn't the brightest cat, I mean she will literally run into walls and scare herself with her own tail, but she is as sweet as can be.  She has no manners and will jump into my spot if I get off the couch, proceed to drool all over the place and then wonder why I am looking at her funny.

I have had great joy, and homework distraction, while watching them play with random objects and my favorite is a simple bendy straw. Spooks loves them! They slide all over our hardwood floors and she can bat them around with her paws. I think she likes the noise of the plastic against the floor and that when she "catches" one she can chew on it. We discovered her love for straws completely by accident when one fell on the floor and she pounced on it!

Houston had a great idea to punch a hole in one end of the straw and attach a toy on the end.  I liked the idea and made a yarn pom pom. The pom poms are super easy to make following this tutorial.

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

Wouldn't you know it, Spooks was annoyed with the pom pom and just wanted to play with the straw instead!


Spooks enjoyed running around with her toy straw for a good 15 minutes; which is incredible because she has the attention span of a gnat and doesn't like exercise!

After she was done playing and Mimi woke up from her third nap of the day but couldn't be bothered with a toy. I imagine she would have told me she was too sophisticated for yarn.

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

Mimi has lost a couple of her teeth in her old age and both cats are enjoying that they get delicious wet food on the regular because of it. I've tried a couple different brands, but they would lick off all the gravy from the food and leave a big stinky pile of cat food in their bowls. No good, fur babies. No good.

Well, the nasty food pile is no more since I tried Purina Muse cat food. The girls gobble it up and then walk around begging me for more; I guess that is why Muse has the clean plate guarantee! It obviously tastes better than what I was serving them before, and I feel like a better fur mommy.

I also love that with Muse you don’t have to choose between natural nutrition and food that tastes great. Your cat can have both when you choose Muse.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

I even managed to snag a coupon for Purina Muse and purchased six cans for the price of three at PetSmart (Muse is exclusively at PetSmart which is right down the street from our house).


We decided to replace the plastic mat that we keep in the kitchen with a DIY bowl tray. All the stands I found were either too high for our fur babies or only had space for two bowls (we have two bowls and one for water). I asked Houston if he could make something and my crafty man said: "no problem."


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

We picked up a piece of wood, trim and some door stoppers at the hardware store and then got to building.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

Houston started with drilling some holes for the future feet.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

Then he cut corner cuts in the trim and nailed it to the base board. The trim will keep the cats from pushing their bowls off the edge of the tray.


Once he patched the holes with wood filler and sanded everything down, we gave it two coats of navy blue spray paint.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

We gave it a couple hours for the paint to dry completely and then we attached the "legs" - Houston had such a great idea to use door stoppers as the feet, they kept the tray from being too high for the cats and the stoppers mean the wood floor won't get scratched.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

I am so impressed with our new cat tray and Houston's handiwork. It looks better than I could have imagined and the fur babies seem to really like it too!


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // DIY Cat Food Tray //#MyCatMyMuse #ad

Houston and I had so much fun playing with the fur babies and doing a little photo shoot with them; it is definitely something we will have to do again in the future.


My Cat is my Muse // Pet Photo // Cat Photoshoot // Natural Nutrition Cat Food // #MyCatMyMuse #ad

So, grab a coupon and bribe your fur babies with Purina Muse because natural has never been so delicious. Put Muse to the test with our clean plate guarantee.


No comments:

Post a Comment