Friday, August 14, 2015

Disney Descendants & Villain Popcorn

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Disney #VillainDescendants #CollectiveBias

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

Disney has my heart and I am not ashamed to say it. When I found out there was a new new Disney Channel Original Movie called Descendants about the children of the most notorious Disney Villains: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), the Evil Queen (Snow White), Jafar (Aladdin) and Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians) I knew I would have to see it!

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants


I purchased my Descendants DVD (got the last one!) and soundtrack at my local Wal-Mart in the Entertainment department. The associate said the DVD had been a highly requested item and I was lucky there was one left! I do not have cable, so my musical-loving heart was thoroughly delighted to discover the movie was a musical! I suppose I should have expected some musicality, Kristin Chenoweth plays Maleficent, and a movie without her singing something would just be sad.

In true Disney fashion, I decorated for the event and made sure I was ready to watch the Disney Descendants and Villains in musical action.

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

I decorated with a couple bowls of treats and snacks - every good movie night needs good snacks and some evil decor. A golden apple and a skull with a raven were the perfect additional decorations on my coffee table to set the villainous mood. Remember the dungeon scene while the Evil Queen is poisoning the apple for Snow White? Creepy, right?

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

Image via

I decided to make some festive popcorn while I was at it and incorporate some Disney Villain colors - has anyone else noticed the theme of black, purple and red among the Disney Villains?

Shop Disney Descendants on Zazzle

How to make Disney Villain Popcorn:
  • Grab a bag of your favorite popcorn or make some at home yourself and empty onto a cookie sheet (I wrapped mine in foil for easy clean up).
Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants
  • Melt some chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (careful not to burn them or yourself #experience).
Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants
  • While the melted chocolate is still hot. drizzle it over your popcorn.
Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants
  • Add sprinkles to the mix and you have Disney Villain Popcorn!
Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants


Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants
  • Allow the chocolate to cool while you put in your Disney Descendants DVD, grab a blanket and then enjoy!
Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

Shop Disney Descendants on Zazzle

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

The movie is so much fun and the music is catchy too! In fact, the soundtrack was number one on the Billboard top 100 the week it was released (I don't think that has happened since High School Musical). So, while I am driving in between Houston's house and my parents for another couple weeks, you can bet I will be singing along to all the catchy Descendants tunes. - Singing Disney lyrics at the top of my lungs is one way I make sure I stay awake while I am driving and the Descendants soundtrack will give me some new material to learn!

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

So now I will busy the rest of the day picking sprinkles out of my teeth and humming "Do you want to be evil".

Disney Descendants Villain Popcorn and Watch Party #ad #cbias #Disney #VillainDescendants #Descendants

Who is your favorite Disney villain? A classic character or someone more recent? I would love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment