Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Fun and Hydration

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias

Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad

I don't know about where you live, but the weather in my home town has been unbearable lately. There were several days in a row this week when the temperature was in the 100's - it is only June for crying out loud! The Inland Empire in Southern California has notoriously hot summers, but I am just not ready for the heat.

The only exercise one should be doing in that type of weather should be in an ice cold pool or somewhere with plenty of air conditioning. I can't believe my nephews have football practice in this kind of heat with full gear and pads.

Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad

Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad
Lucky for me, my parents have a pool and an amazing back yard and we were able to enjoy being outside for the 4th of July without sweating to death. The kids swam all day and we had fun BBQing. There was no denying it was hot and I was trying to stay hydrated like it was going out of style.

At one point the kids were playing so hard in the yard, and getting quite sweaty, and I was glad we had some Powerade in the house for them to drink - red, white and blue Powerade, of course!

Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad
Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad My favorite flavor is the zero calorie mixed berry; it tastes like the punch from elementary school class parties!

Are you looking for ways to stay hydrated this summer? Coca-Cola and your local Safeway/Vons/Albertson's are here to help with your #SummerHydration. When you buy $10 in participating items (smartwater, vitaminwater, fruitwater, Gold Peak, Honest Tea, and POWERADE) July 1st through July 28th, you will get a $4 coupon at checkout for your next Safeway shopping trip.

Participating products include:
  • vitaminwater 20oz
  • vitaminwater 6 pack .5 liter
  • smartwater 700 mL
  • smartwater 6 pack .5 liter
  • fruitwater
  • Honest Tea 59oz
  • Gold Peak 64oz
  • POWERADE 32oz
Summer Fun, Savings and Hydration with Coca-Cola and Poweraid #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias #ad
So play hard, save some money and stay hydrated this summer. It is going to be a hot one.


7 comments:

  1. Yess!! I always forget to drink water before it's too late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixed berry is always my fave flavor too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike, Julie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! I read somewhere that when you realize you're thirsty, it means you're already dehydrated. - Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried that flavor since I don't do much calorie-free stuff, but I may do that just because you said it's so good. I'm all about nostalgic foods and beverages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am usually a hard-core water drinker but I love this flavor! LOL

    ReplyDelete