Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Eve of Relaxation

Last week was an absolute whirlwind.

It was a long week at work, I had a two essays and a 7-10 page final paper to write, pair those with being WAY behind in my baking, Christmas shopping and gift wrapping (doing that tonight) and you have a recipe for a completely stressed out and cranky Elise. I practically had an anxiety attach when I left my "to do" list and grocery list on my desk at work - I was about two hyperventilating breaths away from driving back to the office at midnight to pick them up. Yes, I have a problem.

The saving grace was a magical trip to Disneyland on Friday night to celebrate completing my first year at Cal Baptist University! Disney, my man and a couple churros did the trick and I am back in the holiday spirit.



Two trips to the 99 cent store, 15 or so dozen cookies, peppermint pretzels, two Target stops and some gift card purchases were sandwiched between visits with my two best friends, their husbands and babies. Seriously, those gummy-baby-smiles melt my heart!



So, I am VERY much looking forward to two days off from work to sleep, celebrate, and most importantly, eat some delicious carbohydrates!

Now, to tackle the last couple things before I can officially relax.

Merry Christmas Eve, friends! May you and yours have a wonderful, stress-free, Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and a trip to Disney ahhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT??? Get me within 2 miles of that place and all is right with the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh, because you GOT ENGAGED!!!!! Christmas time engagements are the greatest. When's the date? I want deets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ding ding ding!!! You're the first one to put the two together! Marilyn, you get a gold star!!!

    ReplyDelete