Friday, November 28, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas is coming - it is only 4 Saturdays away. Insert panic here.

I am at a complete loss as to what to buy for any member of my family.  We have anything and everything we need and I am just not on board with buying more trinkets to add to he clutter we all already have. Right? Right.

I also don't feel like spending an exorbitant amount of money (I never do) on half hearted gifts.

But I despise giving gift cards for Christmas.  I usually pride myself if being creative with my gift giving, even if it is a bottle of soap or a bag of cookies

But. Never have I been faced with a Christmas where I am absolutely stumped on what to buy nor just one or two people, but everyone

So I am dipping into some of my go-to gift ideas for things that everyone loves.

Gift cards -I know I said I don't like giving gift cards, but sometimes people genuinely prefer them and they are easy to purchase.



Photo gifts - I don't have the time to make any albums for Christmas gifts, but I can whip up a mouse pad, notebook or a large print to frame in under 10 minutes.  Shutterfly is my favorite photo site for digital albums and other photo gifts. I try other photo sites when I can get something for free (this girl loves a good freebie) but Shutterfly is the site I use for my own albums. Here is the mouse pad I gave Ruby for her birthday last year. 

For the ladies - prettyearrings.- No woman has ever disliked a pretty pair ofearrings. They don't have to be anything overly extravagant or expensive to be a great gift.


For the gents - since we live in. California and it is currently 75 degrees in December, BBQing is something we can do all year long.  Every great from master needs a couple essentials and this Cuisinart set fits the bill. (BBQ set)

For the kids - I don't have children of my own, but I do have 5 nephews and one niece. They are getting harder to shop for as they get older (read: more opinionated) so last year I had a gift theme for the older boys: College gear.Sweatshirt, notebooks, hats, you name it, if they have a college they are interested in, buy all the merchandise you can find.  Encouraging a college education and crossing gifts off your list is a win-win.

For the babies - it is a good thing I didn't discover Bub and Bug Studio while my niece was little.  I easily would have gone broke. Kelly makes the most adorable bows for little girls and she has the sweetest twin babies I have ever seen (support small businesses and buy something from her!) For the little boys in your life? Baby Bow Ties. It is never too late to instill gentlemanly behavior!

So now I am back to shopping online and drinking my cocoa. Bring on the cozy blankets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment