Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Italy Part 11 (Lake Lugano)

Italy Day Eight:

After we left Venice, we had the awesome opportunity to cross the Italian and Swiss border to visit Lake Lugano in Switzerland.


Crossed off two countries in one trip, hooray!



It was a beautiful day and my skin soaked up the sunshine that had been missing the day before. The only downside to the sunshine was my remaining wardrobe consisted of two clean outfits and one of them was a sweater, so I was a little warm, but it was manageable.


The bus dropped us off at the center of town and we had free time to wander around the stores, grab a bite to eat and admire the beautiful lake. We saw people walking around with hand-held pizzas, and Gary tracked down the place we could get some for ourselves.




It was a wonderful break from the long bus ride and I would have loved to sit on the dock and watch the swans swim by all afternoon!


Before I knew it, and definitely before I was ready to get back on the bus, it was time to leave for our last stop of the day...


*** All images copyright Polka Dotted Blue Jay and HoustonLaney.com ***

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are so beautiful, and I am so jealous of your travels! I love to travel, too, but I haven't yet been to Switzerland or Italy. I'm living vicariously through you! Found you through the Peony Project and am a new follower for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I feel like I went to Switzerland with you. What a beautiful place. Your photos are gorgeous & I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niamh! I wish we had been able to stay there longer. It was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Gennie! Italy is a MUST if you ever get the opportunity to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the link for the sweater (in black and gray): http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=460247521&pid=uid4816-23241896-97

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so SO fun!!! And yay for crossing of two countries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bet I was super excited! :0)

    ReplyDelete