Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bon Voyage!

Six years ago I got a passport.

In 2008 my friend Alisha was working for Northwest Airlines (prior to the Delta merger) and a group of us were determined to see the world. I am the Google/Coupon Queen, and I knew I would be able to find a good deal on a vacation to Jamaica!


So, we planned and we dreamed - and I even scrapbooked about it - but the trip never happened. Life got in the way of our great adventure and we all stayed grounded in Moreno Valley. Doesn't get much more lame than that!


Four years ago, Brittany and I went on a four day Carnival Cruise to Catalina and Ensenada, Mexico. This may have been thrilling for some people, but since we live approximately two hours away from the Mexican border in Southern California, we didn't really count this as our world-seeing adventure. Heck, they didn't even stamp our passports! Jerks.

Three years ago, in the throes of singleness, Brittany and I were determined to embrace the "now" and go to Ireland and Scotland. Brittany bought travel books, we compared tour after tour and I scoured stores looking for the perfect emerald green coat. When the deadline to book the trip came, I just couldn't do it. I would have had to charge the ENTIRE trip on my American Express card, which already had a balance on it, and I had no way of paying that sizable debt off in the next year (or the next several years for that matter).

But this year is different.

FRIENDS!!!


I got to go to Italy!!! And as a little bonus, I got to see Switzerland while I was there too.

I get to finally cross-off "using my passport" on my "30 While I'm 30" list!

Stay tuned for more travel updates and details about my dreamy vacation!

Ciao!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Italy!! How amazing!! I was way off with my guess haha. Looking forward to reading more about Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. melody-mae.blogspot.comOctober 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM

    So awesome to see Italy and Switzerland. I am sure you were able to have sweet moments and lots of sweet memories too!!! Thanks for joining and linking up at our Sweet Saturdays link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so So Happy for you!!! Can't wait to read your travel adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was pretty incredible. Thank you for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moments (and chocolate) were definitely sweet! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Heather! I hope there are many (MANY) more to come!

    ReplyDelete