Ok, so I missed not one, but TWO weeks of my Wednesday Wish List. Don't judge me, it will probably happen again.
But onward to this week... where I (kinda) have my act together and I am juggling life a little better.
It is no secret that my wardrobe needs an update. Like, bad. I wrote about it HERE over a year ago, and you know what I have purchased since then??? Two white camisoles, one sweater and a new bra. No joke, those are the only things I can think of.
I have been following a couple fashion blogs and I am LOVING the inspiration from each of them. They make me want to go shopping... well, I almost want to go shopping.
Yasi at Hello Gorgeous Blog
MK at Outfit Posts
Seriously, those ladies have major fashion skills and manage to maintain a budget friendly wardrobe at the same time. It is a gift.
So this week I have my wish list of pretty tops from Forever 21 that I think would be great for work. The only problem? I usually FREEZE at work and end up wearing a cardigan or heavy sweater all day - and even then I am still cold and use a small blanket on my lap! That said, I love tops that work well with layers and still look pretty under sweaters.
***if you see something you like, click the corresponding number below***
1. Crochet Sweater - A sweater to keep me warm and a pretty collar to peek out from beneath my cardigan.
2. Polka dotted Peter Pan Collar - Another example of a pretty collar. Doesn't hurt that it is polka dots either!
3. Geometric Top - I like this basic black and white top. Easy to wear with slacks or a skirt and still polished.
4. Ruched - I'm a girl who loves some good ruching! It is flattering (read: concealing) and looks more dressy than just a plain top or t-shirt.
5. Flounce - I like this top and would be able to ear it to work, under a sweater, or on the weekend by itself. Only problem? I despise wearing a strapless bra, so this one will probably be deleted from my shopping cart. Bummer.
6. Flounce 2.0 - The solution to the strapless bra conundrum on no. 5? This beauty. Still light and airy, but "regular" bra approved.
7. Teal Leopard - I like teal, I like leopard and I really like that this wouldn't make me look like Peggy Bundy. -- Gotta always be aware of the Peggy factor when wearing leopard!
8. Sheer with a Bow - This blouse is probably my favorite! The color is pretty and I love the bow (have you noticed the trend with that yet???) - I would only worry about the 3/4 sleeves bunching up under a cardigan.
9. Ruffled Bow - This blouse is pretty, but let's be real... no one in the office would ever see the pretty sleeves and that would be a shame.
I will be pinning more of my closet wish list items on my "Wardrobe Update 2014" board on Pinterest if you would like to follow along. Feedback, suggestions and shopping volunteers would be greatly appreciated.
Happy hump day, friends!
This post is not sponsored, but it does contain affiliate links which result in an affiliate commission. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own, as I only recommend items I personally love.