Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Catching Up...Kinda

Wow. I totally fell off the face of the earth for a week there. I didn't complete my Wednesday Wish List for the first time since I began the weekly series (total bummer), I barely checked emails and I swear it is still July and not already August.

Midterms, work stress and a whole lot of life anxiety is no good for this lady.

But now I've got my act together and I am loving this print from Zoe Marie's Studio:



So a week ago I got together with my blogging buddies and we had a lovely time eating guacamole, celebrating Summer's birthday and dreaming big dreams for future endeavors.


The hot mess of a photo below is everyone sitting on my kitchen floor with my camera on a pantry shelf while my tripod was neglected in the living room.


It was a long day, ok? I had been up since 4 a.m. and it was after 9 p.m. when I was employing my old photo taking skills for a group picture.

Why on was I up at 4 a.m.? Because I am a construction/demo machine. Houston's best friend Derek is working on demoing and fixing up the house he and his wife, Sharonna, just recently purchased and Houston and I have been helping. Ok, Houston has been helping and I have spent most of my time playing with their toddler, Henry.

 

We were back again this weekend and I finally got to wield the crowbar and take out some aggression on the kitchen floor - side note: the subflooring was damaged, or the tile would have stayed.



Houston has really enjoyed getting to see Henry every weekend this month and it is so cute to see Henry recognize Houston as Shushu (Uncle) now.

When we go back this weekend, the house will look like like a completely different space with new floors, a closet and painted walls (oh my!).






4 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd be back at it soon! Stay encouraged, my friend. Love reading what's going on in your part of the world (even though it's only like 20 minutes from my part of the world!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 minutes, but WORLDS apart at times. LOL. Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks!

      Delete
  2. That quote is seriously wonderful and perfect! I will have to get myself a copy of that print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the print too! - I'm thinking of putting a copy on my desk.

      Delete