Friends! It’s not too late to have a festive 4th of July holiday!!! I’ve got you covered!
Did you know that the 4th of July is my absolute FAVORITE holiday? Ever since I was a teeny-tiny little girl I have always been fascinated with fireworks and fire in general. My Dad was a always a nervous wreck during Christmas while I played with the embers in the fireplace and constantly added more fuel to the fire.
I always look forward to the 4th of July and the amazing display of fireworks in the sky – I literally am like a kid on Christmas waiting for them to start. If I had a gift for mathematics, which I absolutely do NOT, I would have pursued a career in pyrotechnics. - Can you even imagine me setting up a fireworks display at Disneyland? That's the dream!
Since I can barely pass beginning algebra, and I mean barely, I will stick to some sparklers and some confetti for Friday’s festivities. Lucky for me, my bestie Leah even designed some festive printables. Check them out HERE and HERE.
*** if you see something you like, click the corresponding number below ***
1. This dress makes me want to pack a picnic and eat apple pie for dessert. Ok, so I don’t like apple pie, but you get where I am going with this. Where am I going? Stepford. That is where this dress and I belong.
2. Since I can’t live in Stepford in my plaid and gingham dresses, I will probably wear a tank top to deal with the insanely hot temperatures of the Inland Empire. The $4 tank tops at Old Navy are a great length for my long torso, and this frugal girl loves the price point.
3. For flipping burgers on America’s birthday, one MUST have a patriotic spatula. I mean, do I even need to explain. No. Go buy one now!
4. I don’t think I will get to the store to try on any colored pants before Friday but they are adorable and on my 30 while 30 list – maybe I can hit up a few sales over the weekend and give the colored pants a try. Maybe.
5. I am the bag lady. I very rarely only have my handbag when I walk out my front door in the morning. Textbooks, coupon binder, laptop, and an assortment of other things follow me wherever I go. This weekend’s bag contents will include: water bottles, sunscreen, Chapstick, and my camera. So if I must carry a bag, at least it could be a cute patriotic one!
6. If my niece would keep bows in her hair, she would totally have to have these hair bows. Alas, she would rather run with her brothers through the mud. That’s alright… I will commandeer my best friends’ baby girls and buy pretty bows for them instead!
7. Patriotic sunglasses. Now all I need is Lasik so I can wear other eyewear without walking into walls and other people! But these would be adorable on a little kid too.
8. There will always be plenty of leftover food on the 4th of July and these takeout boxes would be the perfect way to send food home with guests! Throw some mac n’cheese in a container and away it goes… or keep the mac n’cheese and eat it all yourself! – I like the second option the best.
Wishing you a happy and firework filled 4th of July and for another patriotic wish list, click HERE. God bless America!
This post contains affiliate links which result in an affiliate commission. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own, as I only recommend items I personally love.