Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Blogiversary Post

Can you even believe that Polka Dotted Blue Jay has been around for three years?



Three years of silly posts and craft projects. Countless hours spent daydreaming about becoming a better photographer, writer and businesswoman. Dreams and plans, successes and failures. Oh how I love this little space of mine and the wonderful people who share it with me.

The blogosphere is a funny thing.

For those of us who write or read blogs it is a network of friends, some of which we have not yet met in person but feel an uncanny attachment to. There is support when you need it, prayer warriors when you request them, and encouragement from many sweet souls.

On the flip side, many people think that blogs are silly, unprofessional and "just make noise and feed egos." At least that is the opinion of one of my journalism textbooks.

But my heart belong in the land of blogs. Where women (and some men) lift each other up and support each other's dreams... no matter how crazy they may sound at the time.

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey and for reading my ramblings and slightly inarticulate dreams. Let's discover them together, friends!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself each week. Love all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading and encouraging my dreams!

      Delete
  3. Pshhh... Well I think journalism textbooks are just jealous that blogs are more fun blogs to read than they are :-p

    ReplyDelete