Friday, July 18, 2014

Blank Slate No. 6 - A Boring Conclusion

I want to skip sharing the last couple corners of my new apartment. But that wouldn't be fair, right?

They look sad and naked and I didn't even take great photos of them. Blegh. So I will keep it short and sweet, ok?

My dining area is in the upper left corner of the space that is my entryway/kitchen/laundry room/beginning of the hallway of doors.  For the first nine weeks in my apartment, this area was filled with boxes, laundry, Target bags, and served as my catch-all for anything that didn't have a home. It was a glorious day when I could finally see the floor.



I dislike the placement of my apartment's thermostat almost as much as I loathe the crooked face plate in my bathroom. I have contemplated rotating the table, but for right now, I just reach over the table to click the air on or off.

I have no idea what to put on the walls and I am even more stumped because there are two blank walls to contend with. Thoughts? -- See why the space frustrates me?

To the left of my door I have a tiny table/landing space for my keys (in a porcelain tray) and a basket for mail (currently full of miscellaneous stuff that has yet to find a home.)



The table was a Christmas gift from my parents and the porcelain tray and basket were finds from Marshalls. A yummy candle on one of my beloved Ikea candle holders and my house warming succulent from Summer keep my keys company for now.

Here is an ugly shot from my kitchen:


That, my friends, concludes the tour of the new apartment in its raw state. Thank you for following along. I can't wait to show some of the progress I've made. It is slow progress, but progress none the less.

Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!



1 comment: