Monday, June 2, 2014

Queen Mary Brunch - Long Beach, California

When I was 12 my beloved paternal grandparents took me on a tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. I was obsessed with the Titanic and all things vintage and as I walked up and down the decks of the beautiful ship, I couldn't help but feel as if I had been transported back in time to an era of transatlantic cruises and elaborately decorated hats.

This weekend I got the opportunity to see more of this amazing ship and enjoy a delicious champagne brunch in the Grand Salon for some belated birthday celebrations and I was able to see parts of the ship that I didn't get to see last time!






*What a handsome man*

We had a wonderful time with Gary and Ruby, walking through the different floors of the ship that now house the Queen Mary hotel and several different museums. There is a great Groupon for the Princess Diana exhibit HERE, if you're interested. It is easy to see why the Queen Mary hosts an annual Halloween event. The long hallways and wooden corridors evoke an eery feeling even in the middle of the day.







I could have walked around the ship for hours, but my tummy was growling and we headed back to the Grand Salon for food and mimosas!



Talk about a beautiful room! Harpist, mural and a nifty map that had little boats on tracks to illustrate the location of the ship on its transatlantic route!




The food was amazing, the mimosas refillable (heck yes!) and the company was delightful. 


The only disappointing part of the day was seeing the beautiful ship in need of serious repairs. But I just block out the peeling paint and dripping rust and imagine myself lounging on the main deck, mimosa in hand, enjoying the salty air on a cruise through the Atlantic Ocean. They simply don't make things like they used to.


(image via)




2 comments:

  1. That all looks amazing! Glad you had a good time, friend :) And I'm lovin' the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete