Monday, June 30, 2014

Blank Slate Part 4 - The Living Room

Up next on the apartment tour, my “living room” – or at least that is what I call it.

If you have been following along, I moved into a new apartment in May. It is a studio apartment and slightly smaller than my previous home. The floor plan for my new place is HERE and a look at some of the other rooms I’ve shared so far HERE. Yes, it is indeed a blank slate. Houston and I did a little shopping this past weekend, but I am having a really hard time making myself spend any money on my new little place.

Inner dialogue: I should be grateful and thankful for what I have and stop obsessing about things I want. Just because my towels are mismatched doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with them. I have to live here, I might as well make it pretty and somewhere I enjoy being. UGH. Anyone with some insight? Let me know.

So I bought a few things that I really liked and I returned a few that didn’t work out and I am going to try and get creative using what I already have in different ways. But first, the space with absolutely nothing on the walls:



This is the hallway from my front door/kitchen into the living room. See the hall closet? I was super excited to be getting a hall closet! It is the home for my vacuum, some gift wrap, and my tool kit. Oh yea, I have a tool kit.




The living room is where I spend a lot of my evenings working on homework. Since I don’t have a desk I use the side table that used to be in my bathroom as a stand for my laptop. My tiny couch fits perfectly in the little space and my small dresser is doing double duty for my scarves and DVDs. (please ignore the box and desktop computer in the corner.)




A mirror is going on the wall to make the space feel bigger and I have seriously been contemplating painting it as well – I am afraid of paint and it will probably stay the way it is, but it is fun to look at paint chips at Lowes anyway! 

** By the way, it is ridiculously hard to photograph an apartment with only one window... just go with it, ok? Any photography tricks would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment