Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blank Slate Part 2 - The Kitchen

My new kitchen is so pretty! I actually have more cabinet space than my old apartment and I really like how open it feels compared to my last kitchen. The galley style kitchen with the sink on one side and the oven/appliances on the other would now seem severely cramped.



The openness is wonderful, especially since the space is smaller, but my only wish would be for a window in that corner of the chateau.

What are my favorite parts of the kitchen? Storage, storage storage!!! I love storage.

There are two really deep drawers next to the fridge. One for a utensil catch all (don’t judge me, I can’t maintain an organized utensil drawer to save my life) and the one below it is for the pots and pans I use most frequently - hence the severely destroyed Teflon pots pictured.



In between the stove and the sink there is a funny little door. I totally thought I would use it for my towels, but when I opened it I was amazed at how deep the “little” cabinet was. It is the length of that part of the counter! My baking supplies, colanders and less frequently used pans go in here.



Cake stand palooza happening above the sink with a strawberry pitcher thrown into the mix – it belonged to my beloved Gram.



So here’s what I am hoping to decorate soon:
Something above the sink – suggestions, appreciated.
New paper towel holder.
A rug/mat for below the sink.

Nothing crazy.


Stay tuned for more blank slate shenanigans and (hopefully) decorating progress!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful kitchen!!! Maybe a rub on inspirational quote for above the sink??
    <3 Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about that! Or a little photo collage "wall"

      Delete
  2. Love all the white and grey. Those are my favorite colors for a kitchen. I like Leah's idea of the quote. It would be easy to clean:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW...the little code doesn't show up anymore:)

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Thanks, friend! I love the white bead board too!

      Delete
  3. We're in the process of re-doing our kitchen as well! And weird, but we ordered cabinet pulls just a few minutes ago that look just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cabinet pulls, Meg. My old apartment cabinets didn't have knobs or anything and I was forever scrubbing them! :0)

      Delete
  4. So, so pretty! Loving the white cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete