Friday, June 20, 2014

Blank Slate Part 1 - The Bathroom

I have officially been living in my new apartment for a 48 days.

Yes, I love it. No, I am not completely unpacked. Yes, I am happy I moved. No, I haven’t found the infamous pink post-it yet.

Whew.

The best part about the move so far? Sleep! So much more sleep! I am consistently getting more sleep on a daily basis. Wednesday was a Los Angeles work day and I woke up at six o’clock to get ready. Six a.m. friends!!! A significant improvement from my old schedule where I was already in my car driving to the train station at six a.m.  Added bonus: I can make it from home to train station in less than ten minutes.

My old apartment was ten minutes away from any freeway, and just getting out of town was generally the worst part about going anywhere. I love being so close to the freeway now, and even though there isn’t a shopping center on my street, I go to the Eastvale Center. It is about a 10 minute drive, but that is where every store I could possibly need is located (other than Trader Joe's, dang it,) and it used to take me 10 minutes to drive to Target anyway. Win.

There is, however, nothing like moving that makes you want to change absolutely everything about your home d├ęcor, and I am feeling the urge to buy practically everything I see in Home Goods. My old apartment had a grape theme in the kitchen, leopard in my bedroom and bathroom (meow) and a sage green palette in the living room. I liked it, but after seven years, I have kind of grown out of it. So I am looking at a cool color palette for my new place, especially since the rooms all blend together and the square footage is less, see the floor plan HERE.

But before I get to decorating, take a peek at my blank slate part 1 - The Bathroom:


*Please excuse the bad lighting, there is NO natural light in this corner of my chateau.
** Please excuse the phone pictures, I don't have a wide angle lens and the space is pretty cramped.


This bathroom is WAY smaller than my old bathroom, but considering my old bathroom was the size of the Grand Ole Opry, this one is working just fine!

I have my old bathroom shower curtain and rug up right now, but I have already donated all the towels and countertop decorations. I am just trying to make a decision about colors and whether or not I want to just buy a bunch of big fluffy white towels. I have nixed the whole idea of spending a fortune on a shower curtain... but that is for a later post. Ooohhh, tease. I know.

Ready? Ok. We will be travelling counter-clockwise.


Up first, the bathroom counter! I love the hardware, the beadboard cabinets and the storage... HELLO, STORAGE!


This little guys drives me freaking crazy... what electrician thought it would be ok to leave an outlet so ridiculously crooked? -- I am a contractor's worst nightmare. (muah-hahaha)



So, back to the storage. I love how deep the drawers are and they are perfect for hiding hair tools away when I am not using them. But let's be real... the only time I put them away is when someone is coming over or I am randomly taking photos of my bathroom.


Standing in the bathtub for this photo of the empty sad corner of the bathroom. Maybe a shelf or a painting to pretty things up? The door opens to my "hallway" and then my kitchen. I will explain later.


Behind the door? You guessed it, MORE storage. Be still my organizing little heart. I didn't think my little studio apartment would be so accommodating. Towels, washcloths, toilet paper and toiletries go in here as well as a little stockpile from my couponing endeavors.


And that, is my bathroom. The bathtub is a big oval, but I didn't think you would really need to see the inside of the tub, right?

So a new color scheme is coming up. New towels, bathmat and a couple pretty decor items. I can hardly wait to start switching things out!

But first, the most massive yard sale in history must take place. This Saturday, June 21, 2014 in Eastvale, there will be a multifamily yard sale extravaganza that you definitely won't want to miss. Be there. Buy my old-ish stuff. Please!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for share Elise! I love your new bathroom. :) Cant wait to see your future posts.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene! Hopefully I will have them up soon!

      Delete
  2. So SO SO excited for you!! We should be getting the keys to our new place any day now and I am DYING to redecorate (that Anthro knock off shower curtain is still on my mind...) P.S. As an electrician's wife, that outlet would drive both me and hubby batty too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! I can't wait to hear all about your new family adventures when we catch up next week!

      p.s. I found the curtain here and you can use a coupon:

      http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/ruffle-multi-72-inch-x-72-inch-shower-curtain/1018140420?Keyword=ruffle+shower+curtain

      Delete
  3. Ok you should be able to see my comments now(posting from my computer) :)
    Can't wait to see what you do with it. You really do have so much storage for a studio apt! I really can't believe you haven't found those darn pink post its:).

    ReplyDelete