Friday, May 23, 2014

Wednesday Wish List No. 6

A three day weekend is coming! A three day weekend is coming! 

To say that I am excited would be an understatement. The last three day weekend was spent in the 100 degree heat moving boxes from one apartment to another. Yuck.

I have a ton of updates on the new homestead for those of you who are wondering how things are going if only I could find the time to jot it all down. I’ll figure it out quickly. I promise.

So this weekend is Memorial Day and since I get a three day weekend in honor of the wonderful men and women who have faithfully served our country, I figure the least I could do is wake up early on Saturday morning and honor their memories. Yes, it is time to place flags at the Riverside National Cemetery again. For more information, see THIS post from Veterans Day 2013. It is such a wonderful way to remember and respect true American heroes.  

Needless to say, I have been feeling patriotic, and with Memorial Day and 4th of July on the horizon I decided this week’s Wednesday Wish List should be all about the red, white and blue. May it forever wave.

Now for the pretties:



*** if you see something you like, click the corresponding number below ***


1) This scarf is so pretty and the vintage American colors! It is from an Etsy seller which is always a bonus since I love supporting home based or private businesses!
2) Now if only I could find my Ikea candle holders for these candles. The price for three of them can’t be beat and there are multiple sets available… just in case you need more than three. – Would make a great centerpiece for a backyard BBQ, don’t you think?
3) It is hot in California, 90 degrees or more hot, and this head scarf will keep my frizzy hair from getting too crazy.
4) This is the paper garland that inspired me to purchase a sewing machine last year. I still haven’t pulled the machine out of the box, but I like to think I will... someday. Yellow Bird Yellow Beard is no longer selling items, a total bummer, but Janee still posts flash sales occasionally on Instagram if you’re interested.
5) Old Navy tank top for the summer! Lightweight cotton is a must and I like the slightly distressed look.
6) I am not one to wear shorts. In fact, today my co-workers and I were discussing the lack of shorts in our wardrobes. Maybe a couple more months in the gym and some butt-kicking-yoga and I may brave a cute pair of bermuda shorts like these. No promises.
7) More inexpensive options for taming the frizzy hair this summer! Some super cute headbands that can be used with other outfits and not just the patriotic themed ones. The striped one would be great with a nautical inspired outfit too.
8) Why don’t these come in my size??? To my friends with little girls: GO BUY THESE RIGHT NOW. Currently I am on the hunt for some navy sandals so I can make them myself. They make me smile.
9) Every couch needs a little ‘murica, don’t you think? This pillow would look great with some navy ones or something with burlap.

I hope the rest of your work week goes by quickly and that you get to enjoy the extended weekend. I see some naps in the sunshine and a couple icy cold beverages in my future. The future is looking bright.


6 comments:

  1. Love the head scarf...but I know it would just be another accessory I buy and sadly don't use :/ Some girls can just pull things off with ease-When I do it, it looks like I'm trying too hard! Have a blessed weekend, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth??? I am a sucker for cute accessories and clothes and hopeless when I try to wear them.
      Hope you enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Love that scarf and pillow and the new blog look;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that scarf -- have you seen the version with the leather cuff? So pretty! I'm deciding whether either would be worth it to wear just one week. Blog photos, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyra - TOTALLY worth it. Memorial Day, 4th of July, Veterans Day, Labor Day and random Tuesdays are all alright in my book!

      Delete