I think we have established that I am frugal. I'm pretty careful with my money and selective in practically every purchase. I try to win free toilet paper online and always use the free mascaras from my Clinique gift-with-purchases. Heck, I met Houston while I was couponing!
But I literally almost bought a $65.00 shower curtain last week. What is wrong with me?
See, the problem is that I like Anthropologie. I like the clothes, the adorable aprons, the pretty candles and the lovely home decor. Now, you're asking yourself “why is that a problem?” It’s a problem because I nearly have a heart attack every time I look at a price tag in the store.
So for fun, I thought I would create an Anthropologie hack for this week’s Wednesday Wish List. A list of pretty items from Anthropologie and their less expensive doppelgangers I found online!
1. First up, the shower curtain that started it all! THIS Anthropologie shower curtain has created a frugal girl’s nightmare for me. I did, however, find THIS look alike at Sears.com and Overstock.com. Sorry to use it two weeks in a row, but it is pretty. Enough said.
2. It’s no secret that I love polka dots. Lately I have had a fascination with gold decals (love these ones used in my best friend's baby's nursery) and these pillows are adorable. The Anthro version HERE has slightly bigger dots than the Etsy version HERE, but I love supporting small businesses on Etsy.
3. I don’t have a place for a settee, but I am seriously hoping someday that I do. The Anthropologie version HERE is a low profile compared to THIS one, but they are both beautiful, and I love the unique legs on both of them!
4. Hair elastics. Now who would have thought that hair elastics could be considered overpriced. Well, believe you me, when I found the Anthro elastics HERE were six times the price of THESE ones I almost fainted!
5. This is another Anthropologie design that haunts me. THIS vase, and the collection it belongs to, is so pretty. Even as an empty vase, it is stunning. THIS lovely little thing is a frugal girl’s dream, and I actually like the pink flower better!
6. Knobs have really taken off on Etsy and I always like to look through the collection at the Anthropologie store. THIS one is from Anthro and THESE are handmade from Esty.
So which one is your favorite Anthropologie hack?