Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday Wish List No. 5

I think we have established that I am frugal. I'm pretty careful with my money and selective in practically every purchase. I try to win free toilet paper online and always use the free mascaras from my Clinique gift-with-purchases. Heck, I met Houston while I was couponing!

But I literally almost bought a $65.00 shower curtain last week. What is wrong with me?



See, the problem is that I like Anthropologie. I like the clothes, the adorable aprons, the pretty candles and the lovely home decor. Now, you're asking yourself “why is that a problem?” It’s a problem because I nearly have a heart attack every time I look at a price tag in the store.

So for fun, I thought I would create an Anthropologie hack for this week’s Wednesday Wish List. A list of pretty items from Anthropologie and their less expensive doppelgangers I found online!




1. First up, the shower curtain that started it all! THIS Anthropologie shower curtain has created a frugal girl’s nightmare for me. I did, however, find THIS look alike at Sears.com and Overstock.com. Sorry to use it two weeks in a row, but it is pretty. Enough said.

2. It’s no secret that I love polka dots. Lately I have had a fascination with gold decals (love these ones used in my best friend's baby's nursery) and these pillows are adorable. The Anthro version HERE has slightly bigger dots than the Etsy version HERE, but I love supporting small businesses on Etsy.

3. I don’t have a place for a settee, but I am seriously hoping someday that I do.  The Anthropologie version HERE is a low profile compared to THIS one, but they are both beautiful, and I love the unique legs on both of them! 

4. Hair elastics. Now who would have thought that hair elastics could be considered overpriced. Well, believe you me, when I found the Anthro elastics HERE were six times the price of THESE ones I almost fainted!

5. This is another Anthropologie design that haunts me. THIS vase, and the collection it belongs to, is so pretty. Even as an empty vase, it is stunning. THIS lovely little thing is a frugal girl’s dream, and I actually like the pink flower better!

6. Knobs have really taken off on Etsy and I always like to look through the collection at the Anthropologie store. THIS one is from Anthro and THESE are handmade from Esty.


So which one is your favorite Anthropologie hack?  


11 comments:

  1. I found an identical anthro apron at Marshalls! Original was $46 I believe and I got it for $12.99 �� score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and target currently has gold polka dot wall decals! I can't find them online but I saw them in store on Friday!!

      Delete
    2. Alisha - you're a frugal gal after my own heart! Now I am scheming on working gold decals into my new apartment.... ;0)

      Delete
  2. Loving this List!! I think I like the Sears shower curtain better...coveting it now :) And those rose knobs?!? I need a little girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clarissa! Until you get a baby girl (beyond the way beyond, right???) just switch out the knobs on a desk or something you already have! XOXO

      Delete
  3. I, too, have a lovehate relationship with anthropologie. I'm loving that vase though, perfect for summer time dinner parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashlee - the new "AA" - Anthropologie Anonymous. Welcome to the club.

      Delete
  4. haahaha! i love this!

    girl. $15.00 cabinet knobs are NOT okay... and I have 4. soooo...

    LOVING your idea of the anthro hacks. I'm totally doing all of these and my husband is going to LOVE you for it. haha

    www.littlebraveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for pretty things and happy husbands!!!

      Totally digging your blog. It has completely distracted me at work for 20 minutes. :0)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Elizabeth - It is addicting to say the least! So us frugal gals have to get creative. :0)

      Thank you for always hosting the linkup! - I love "meeting" new people!

      Delete