Friday, April 18, 2014

Downsizing

Life is getting downsized, in more ways than one.

First and foremost, my commute is getting downsized, hallelujah! I have a tentative moving date of May 3, 2014!  Eeeek! This move will eliminate 7-10 hours of commuting every week!  I am starting to get excited now and the fears and insecurities of changing residences for the first time in seven years are slowly starting to fade. Oh don’t worry… I will have plenty of ridiculous freak-out moments in the next two weeks, I am sure!

So, here is what is going on:

I chose to take the smaller studio apartment with the better price and the ideal location. Want to see the floor plan?  

Of course you do.



It is about 50 feet smaller than my current place, but I am totally ok with it. A smaller place has given me the motivation to do some serious purging – I am talking to you, greeting cards from the last 20 years, and when push came to shove  I did NOT want to pay nearly $1,300 for a different one bedroom apartment.  I also couldn’t justify paying a reasonable price for something further away that wouldn’t help me eliminate as much commuting time. – It would have been extremely counterproductive. I am literally 15 minutes from work, the Metrolink station and Houston. My car will thank me. (You're welcome, car.)

Here is the plan for furniture placement:



Now, I can’t help but be slightly nostalgic about my little place I have called home for over half a decade so I decided to take a couple photos before the packing extravaganza began (I started Sunday).







Just in case you’re wondering, here is my current floor plan:


Needless to say, I have amassed quite the collection of stuff, but I am looking forward to simplifying a little and getting so many hours of my life back. 

My biggest worry??? Having to wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and walking through the kitchen! I'll survive. 

Stay tuned for more updates with packing and planning shenanigans during #closertoeverything2014. Read Part 1 HERE.


*photos copyright polkadottedbluejay*




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Aspen! It has been an adventure so far. :0)

      Delete
    2. Ending one chapter and on to the next in your book of life! Change is good.
      Love & blessings, Irene

      Delete
    3. Thanks Irene! I am trying to embrace it. :0)

      Delete