Friday, April 11, 2014

Blogger Buttons - A Novice's Step-By-Step Guide


I am computer savvy to a point, but when it comes to graphic design I tend to lean heavily on Houston and Leah for their killer design skills.But, every so often I get the urge to figure something out for myself.

Now, I realize if I just asked one of them for their help, my project would be completed in a fraction of the time, but there is something wonderfully gratifying about answering my own questions. I mean, using Google is still a way of answering my own questions, right???

I found a half dozen or so tutorials on how to make a blog button and they were all so confusing. “Delete this HTML code” “look for ____ near the bottom” all on a whole page of stuff I don’t understand.

So, here is my easy-peasy tutorial on making a blog button.  What is a blog button?  A blog button is a small photo with a link to your blog that other bloggers can place on their blogs as a sort of free advertising.


Huh???

You have a blog. I have a blog. Let’s both put a button on our blog’s home page to advertise for each other!

Now, some big-time bloggers actually will sell the spaces on their home pages for a price.  This gets you prime real estate on a blog viewed by hundereds thousands of people, and maybe some of those lovely people will actually click on your button and stay awhile reading YOUR blog too.

So here is my little cheat sheet on making (and posting) a blog button for your blog. 

PLEASE comment if you have any questions, or if I have missed anything. I am no professional, but I was able to make a blog button all by myself. Thankyouverymuch.


Happy blogging and button making, lovelies!









Now, there are two choices for putting this blog button on your blog:

Directly on your home page or on another “page” of your choice (this is the option I use... check out my "Contact" page to see how it looks).








*photos copyright polkadottedbluejay* 




No comments:

Post a Comment