Monday, March 3, 2014

When Frugality Goes TOO Far

I ran out of toothpaste six days ago.  No big deal.  Just go to Target buy some more, right? Well, it doesn't work that way for me. I coupon, I penny pinch, and I account for every dime in my budget so, spending $3.50 on my favorite toothpaste was absolutely out of the question.

So, I used my travel sized Aquafresh toothpaste for ONE day, and disliked it so much I had to figure something else out.



Looks like a normal tube of toothpaste, right? 

Enter my scissors.  Not only for crafting, but also useful in helping a bad breath crisis! I cut off the end of the toothpaste tube and discovered a gold mine of minty freshness!



The amount left in the tube got me through four more days of oral hygiene until I could get the coupons clipped and get to the store.

The best part?  3-packs of Crest on clearance at Target for $5.08, plus my coupons, plus a $5 gift card when you purchase three, plus my 5% Target redcard discount means that I got NINE tubes of toothpaste for 81¢ each!  Heck yes!

The only bad news is that I will be butchering my toothpaste tube in the future to get every drop of paste and I have already moved on to new victims as well.


Someone stage a frugal intervention… Quick!


*photos copyright polkadottedbluejay* 

No comments:

Post a Comment