Monday, March 31, 2014

Men Who Cook

Last year I got the opportunity to participate in a fundraiser for the local YWCA.
(Silly me, I didn't even realize that there was a women's version of the YMCA!)
So what better way to raise money for the ladies than to have an event where handsome men cook!?!



It was a lovely afternoon full of amazing food, delicious beer, and fun with friends... And if you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you remember the hot dog waffle on a stick. Good golly!


So this year, Houston decided he wanted to participate and be one of the men who cook for the event!

He rocks.

So, I'm doing my part and spreading the word in an attempt to sell more tickets!



Over a dozen breweries participate, and last year Hangar 24 and Stone made appearances.  There will be plenty of food, with variations ranging from the fanciest to the most fair-food like - hence the hot dog waffle on a stick.

Here is how it works:

You purchase a $20 ticket to the event that gets you access to the party and tokens for drinks and food. Use the tokens at whatever booth you would like.  For example, last year one token at the fire department's booth got you a lobster ravioli, crab, bread, sangria, and a yummy tiramisu!

I had to make two trips because I couldn't carry everything at once.

There is a silent auction, a DJ, and the most popular event of the day: the fire man auction! Yes ladies, you heard me right, they literally auction off a fire man. And just like the scene out of Coyote Ugly, the ladies go crazy.  The highest bidder gets the gentleman for a whole day of their choice.

Last year a local Jazzercise owner won three of the fireman. Her plan? Make them come to Jazzercise! If that isn't brilliant marketing, I don't know what is.



So, won't you please participate this year? There's so many ways to get involved, and it is so great to support the YWCA! 

More information available HERE

April 12th ~ 4:30-8:00



*photos copyright polkadottedbluejay* 

No comments:

Post a Comment