Monday, December 23, 2013

Time... I need some.

There are never enough hours in the day to accomplish what I want to do.  This holiday season has simply flown by, and I haven’t even baked a single batch of cookies!  Lame.

Luckily, I had a really good jump start on Christmas shopping, and I had almost all of it completed by Thanksgiving.  I even took a “pledge” to have everything finished, so I could sit back and enjoy the entire month of December with some baking and a few adult beverages.  Needless to say, I failed miserably and I am still trying to get everything done, but it was so great to have a list to check off and a schedule to keep me on track.



OCD table for one, please!

The Christmas Pledge can be found HERE at the Art of Doing Stuff – seriously, Karen is amazing, and next year I am sold on this idea!

Karen's recap was hilarious:

    

Houston and I were gone for Thanksgiving weekend, and my tree didn’t go up on Black Friday like normal (it hung out in the box until the 8th – ugh) and stressing about my French final on the 11th, seriously cut into my holiday cheer.  But I got an “A” in the class, so Merry Christmas to me!



So, Christmas really started on the 14th this year, and that is simply not enough time to enjoy the lights, cookies and reason for the season.  Two weekends.  That. Is. It. [sad face]

Get yourself in check, Elise.  Stop complaining, and start celebrating!!!

I am going to soak up the next 48 hours and enjoy every second!!!

On our first date, Houston and I had dinner at the Mission Inn and then we walked around outside on the LAST day of the Festival of Lights – downtown Riverside is decked out in lights and holiday cheer from Black Friday through the new year. Last year we were so busy that we never made it out to see the lights.  This year we went on Friday after work and had a wonderful time, eating mini donuts and kettle corn and soaking up some time together enjoying the lights and fun little shops!








I have the BEST.BOYFRIEND.EVER.  Houston took me to see not one, but TWO Disney movies in one month.  Frozen was super cute, and Saving Mr. Banks had me laughing and crying. – Tom Hanks was INCREDIBLE! 



Yes, I am a complete Disney spaz and that will never change. – Good thing Houston thinks it is cute!


[so true, right???]



One too many trips to Target in a month and I start playing leap-frog in the parking lot.  Note: I am definitely not as young, flexible or athletic as I used to be – this resulted in a gnarly purple bruise on my knee.


And now, I am off to bake some Christmas cookies... FINALLY!



No comments:

Post a Comment