Saturday, December 7, 2013

God Bless America

Freedom is a beautiful thing.  

I may not always agree with the decisions made by individuals representing my state or country, but I am deeply grateful that I am able to express that opinion without fear of retaliation.  I can walk down the street carrying my Bible and not be charged as a religious offender.  I can travel about the country when and wherever I would like without being accused of being a spy.  I can live life, enjoy it, and greatly appreciate it.

Are you thankful for freedom here in America?  Do you need a way to show that appreciation?

Houston and I headed out to the Riverside National Cemetery on the Saturday before Veteran’s Day to help put a flag on each headstone and to be thankful for the wonderful men and women who have served (and are currently serving) our country.  We helped do this on Memorial Day HERE as well. 




It is very rewarding to do such a small act of service for those who served our country so greatly. 

“A Flag For Every Hero” almost reached its goal this Veteran’s Day – almost every grave had a flag. 



Please follow “A Flag For Every Hero” on Facebook HERE and please plan on coming out to help place flags on the next holiday.  

It is such a wonderful sight to see families, boy and girl scout troops, and even babies participating and learning to respect those whom have willingly put their lives on the line so that we don't have to. 


It only takes an hour or so out of your day to help; so, won’t you?

HERE is a May 17, 2013 article from the Press Enterprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment