Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Pretzels


I LOVE making Peppermint Pretzels during the holidays!  The combination of sweet and salty is divine!  

Here are the steps for making my Peppermint Pretzels:

Unwrap a bag of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
Lay out pretzels on a cookie sheet and put one kiss on top of each pretzel
Put in the oven until the kisses begin to melt usually at 350 degrees (they will look glossy)
Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place an M&M on each kiss so it melts over the pretzel
Let cool (I put mine in the freezer to harden) 

I have long wondered if I could make the same type of pretzel… but with caramel!  Mmmmmm.  Yum.  So when I was assigned dessert duty for a concert at the Hollywood Bowl, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to try something new. 

I decided to use Rolos, because really… they. are. delicious. And my Rold Gold Pretzels.  I prepared them and put them in the oven just like I normally do with the peppermint kisses. 

EPIC FAIL.



I think the chocolate on the Rolos is too thick for this yummy snack… the chocolate started to burn but never got “melty”.  I think I will give it another try, but this time with Hershey’s Kisses with Caramel centers. 

Worst Case scenario?  I eat the kisses “as is.”  That's a win-win in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Weird! The Rolos look totally untouched by the oven!! You're so funny - oh, and if you ever need help eating Hershey's kisses, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete