Sunday, June 17, 2012

School's Out For Summer!!!


60 units in coursework
12 Semesters
10 Years after High School
3 Years as a student at Riverside City College
1 AWFUL math class
Earning my Associates Degree in Fine and Applied Arts?
PRICELESS!



Three years ago I decided to finally go to college… I had tried to “go back to school” a few times after high school, but life and work always got in the way.  In 2009 though, I made a decision to go regardless of what life may throw my way and when I decide to do something, there is no stopping me.  Granted, it took longer than I would have liked but considering I worked full time and even commuted to Los Angeles 25 hours a week for a year of it (ugh) I think I did pretty well. 

I was conflicted about actually walking at the ceremony; I had no friends to sit with and share the experience, it is a community college degree, and it was probably going to be HOT!  Well, all those things were true, but I am proud of my little accomplishment and besides… it gave me an excuse to do another craft project:  decorating my graduation cap!!!

I wanted to incorporate my Polkadottedbluejay logo and my name – in my favorite color of course.  I cut my name out of shimmer cardstock using my Cricut (even though it was almost too thick for my first generation cricut) – which was WAY easier than covering letters with loose glitter like I had originally planned; and cut out the “J” by hand.  A little ribbon on the edges and shimmer circles to cover up the hot glue dots and I called it a day.  It worked out rather well, as you can clearly spot my blue glitter cap among the sea of black caps in all the pictures my family and friends took.  

Hooray for me, and hooray for graduation!  Now, onward to a University!

No comments:

Post a Comment