Monday, September 5, 2011

A Banner for Mrs. Billups

I have the great pleasure of working with many, many wonderful people - and it just so happens that a great big 'ol handful of those wonderful people are getting married! -sigh-

Now, the men in the office are much too "manly" to receive a wedding shower and they very politely endure, with much disdain,  my constant squeals of joy and obsession with their wedding details - Note to guys: it does not appease my wedding detail hunger to hear you say you are going to have flowers.  SERIOUSLY. Could you please at least tell me what kind???

Enter Malaika.  Beautiful, sweet and wonderfully excited about her upcoming wedding; Malaika.  She patiently allowed me to, literally, greet her every morning with a wedding countdown update and shared any details I could possibly think to ask her about.

I wanted to do something for her... but lost track of time (how? I ask myself, since I counted down the days???)  and before I knew it, it was the day before her last work day.  GIANT "ugh".  Quickie project to the rescue!

I double checked what her new last name would be, use Word to make triangles with the letters printed on them (cheated -ugh) and, a paper trimmer and some scotch tape later had a cute little "Mrs. Billups" banner for her office.




So, congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Billups!  Wishing you many years of happiness and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment